Reza Houston, Assistant Professor of Finance, received his PhD from the University of Missouri. He has published articles in the Journal of Corporate Finance, Financial Review, Managerial Finance and other journals. His interests include political economy, mergers, and government contracting. Prof. Houston has taught courses in investments, corporate finance, insurance and risk management, and financial planning.
PhD in Finance University of Missouri
Assistant Professor of Finance Ball State University
4. Selected Publications:
– Houston, R. (2018) “Ownership Structure and Bank Risk: The Effects of Crisis, Market Discipline and Regulatory Pressure” with co-author Viet Dung Tran, M. Kabir Hassan.
– Houston, R. (2018) “Discretionary Loan-Loss Provision Behavior in the US Banking Industry” with co-author Viet Dung Tran, M. Kabir Hassan.
– Houston, R. (2018) “Activity Strategies, Information Asymmetry, and Bank Opacity” with co-author Viet Dung Tran, M. Kabir Hassan.
– Houston, R. (2016) “It’s a Sweetheart of a Deal: Political Connections and Federal Contracting” with co-author Stephen P. Ferris
– Houston, R. (2016) “Earnings Management, Earnings Surprises, and Distressed Firms” with co-author John S. Howe
SAIGON INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
39 Ham Nghi St, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Telephone: (028) 3821 4660 Website: saigonisb.hub.edu.vn
Hotline: 0865 118 128 Email: email@example.com
Postgraduate program courses
Hotline: 0967 189 199 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org