Professor Hassan is a financial economist with consulting, research and teaching experiences in development finance, money and capital markets, Islamic finance, corporate finance, investments, monetary economics, macroeconomics, Islamic banking and finance, and international trade and finance. Professor Hassan has done consulting work for the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and many private organizations.
Professor Hassan has 195 papers published in refereed academic journals such as in the Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, to name a few.
He is among the top 5% authors according to number of Journal Pages at RePAC/IDEAS, and also won 25 Best Paper Awards from Academic Conference presentations.
– Ph.D. in Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
– M.A in Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
– B.A in Mathematics & Economics in Gustavus Adolphus College (Phi Beta Kappa)
– University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
– Professor, Endowed Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, August 1990-Current
– Associate Chair: 2000-2004
4. Selected publications:
– Mehri, Hassan & Jouaber-Snoussi (2016). “Private Equity Funds”
– Bitar, Hassan & Walker, (2017); Hassan & Aliyu (2018). “Financial Stability”
– Merdad & Hassan (2015). “The Stock Market”
– Merdad & Hassan (2016). “ Mutual Funds”
– Hassan, Unsal & Tamer, (2016); Bitar, Hassan & Hippler, (2017). “Capital Adequacy and Capital Decision”
– Mollah, Hassan Faruq, Mobarak, (2016). “Corporate Governance”
– Oseni, Ahmad & Hassan, (2016). “Fatwa Issues”
– Zaheed & Hassan, (2001); Aliyu et al. (2017); Hassan and Aliyu, (2018). “Survey of Literature”
SAIGON INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
39 Ham Nghi St, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Telephone: (028) 3821 4660 Website: saigonisb.hub.edu.vn
Hotline: 0865 118 128 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate program courses
Hotline: 0967 189 199 Email: email@example.com